I can extol the virtues of having a business website for hours on stretch. Most of us are familiar what I am talking about. In spite of that every now and than you come across a small firm or newly established solo business owner , or in some cases an individual providing some services from home or garage without having any clue about them on the web. They are absolutely aware with the advantages of having their business website, yet they somehow manage to convince themselves how it’s not so crucial and over look the benefit.
As a human being at times the impulsion to get something done immediately comes only through constant nudging of our brain why it’s so vital in first place.
In this particular situation, there is lot to gain:
- New clients can get to you easily: One of the most vital and basic reason of having your website. There are people out there looking for a product you sell or service you provide. When they try to locate someone like you, your presence has to be there. If you are not available there, they go somewhere else or to someone else.
- Prospective clients need to know about you: When people want to do business with you sometimes they would like to know about you apart form products or services they are interested in. Especially for business to business. Before meeting you in person they would look for you online to get information about your business, and when they do that, they should find a professional up to date website that has all the information about the business.
- Prove your trustworthiness: If a person is thinking to use you, they’ll want to know about you, the kind of work you have done previously, your background and how much experience you have. A website is only complete when it has a professional looking “About Us” page. Having customer testimonials about you work can be and added advantage.
- Generate leads: Once they find you on the internet, they can easily contact you. Prospective clients should be able to fill out a form where they can ask you about a query they have or just want to get a quote of something they are interested in getting done form you. No one goes on the internet and fills out forms randomly, when they take effort to write their details, their phone number and want you to revert back, bang on, you have a new customer.
- Database generation: Wouldn’t it be great to have access to a list of people who are interested in your services and who have voluntarily given you permission to contact them about how you can help them? This can be done with newsletter signup option on your website.
However, when I say you should have a website it doesn’t mean that you should just get any website. Let’s be honest, I have seen so many websites that just don’t look good! The number one reason is its not for you, it’s a poorly created template of a website and you get that from some Go To Dad.com for cheap website or some Free website generator on the internet which by default will say at the bottom of your web page that this web page was created on “Free website by…”, That is something you cannot afford.
To achieve all the benefits that a website can give you, you need a website that serves the purpose, which means it has all the information, showcases your work by having a portfolio section, speaks about the services you provide and complete range of product you deal into, it must testimonials form existing clients to give you credibility, it’s up to date and its user friendly.
There are presumably a lot of other reasons too, why without fail you should be having a website for your business and why your presence is utmost important on the vast world of internet, but for now you read enough to persuade yourself to get one. So what are you waiting for?